Location: Grugliasco (TO)
Client: Università degli Studi di Torino
FACOLTY OF AGRICULTURE AND VETERINARY STUDIES
REALISATION OF QUARANTINE STABLES AND KENNELS
RENOVATION OF THE PORTER’S LODGE AND GUARDROOM
ASPHALTING OF INTERNAL ROADS
RESTORATION OF THE EAVES
INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR INTERVENTIONS
The area of approximately 300,000 square metres was originally used as a psychiatric hospital; the Basaglia law of 1978 forced it to close and it was eventually abandoned. In 1996, after some important interventions, the Faculty of Agriculture founded in Via Giuria in 1933 was moved here, followed by that of Veterinary Studies.
During the extraordinary maintenance, a series of works was carried out in this faculty. Renovation was carried out on numerous plant engineering and sanitary locations.
In particular, the quarantine stables and kennels were built, leading to a series of particular interventions in a veterinary environment.
The total renovation of the porter’s lodge and guardian rooms with the installation of solar panels and highly innovative low emission fixtures and fittings.
Square metres covered 250
External scaffolding in square metres 800
Eaves in linear metres 1,600