Client: Azienda Ospedaliera Città della Salute e della Scienza di Torino
The pavilion realised in the 1930s is dedicated to Augusto Abegg, the Swiss textile manufacturer, who moved to Turin where he founded a variety of factories. In 1906, he was a promoter, together will senator Agnelli, of the Industrial Union.
The tender included the complete rebuilding of the ward and operations block. During demolition, all dust was contained using a debris aspirator.
All external fixtures were completely reconstructed using high resistance screed for the longest duration possible. The air treatment and conditioning plant engineering is noteworthy and complex. To avoid future problems, the false ceiling was installed to lose the slope of the roof.
Mq intervention: 1.300
Mq external scaffolding: 1.100